Singapore goes from Phase 2 to Phase 2 heightened alert. A worrying pattern of local unlinked community cases has emerged that is persisting. This suggests that there may be unknown cases in the community with possible ongoing community transmission.
Permissible group size
- Group size is reduced from 5 to 2.
- The number of distinct visitor per household per day is reduced from 5 to 2.
- Number of social gatherings capped at 2 per day.
Minimising Workplace Interactions
- Work-from-home is default at workplaces.
- No cross-deployment of workers to multiple worksites.
- Employers to continue to stagger start times of employees who need to return to the workplace and implement flexible working hours.
- Social gatherings at the workplace will not be allowed.
- Employees may have meal breaks at the workplace, but refrain from intermingling with their colleagues when their masks are taken off.
Cessation of Indoor “Mask-Off” Activities
No dining in in F&B establishments, both indoor and outdoor (including hawker centres and foodcourts). Takeaway and delivery options.
Congregational and other worship services
- No unmasking. Religious workers and all other participants must wear their masks at all times.
- Live singing and playing of wind instruments will also be suspended during this period.
- A reduced capacity of 50 attendees at any one time without PET (Pre-event testing), or up to 100 attendees at any one time with PET implemented.
Shopping malls and showrooms
- The occupancy limits reduced from the current limit of 10sqm per person of Gross Floor Area (GFA), to 16sqm per person.
- Odd and even date entry restrictions on Sundays for popular malls will continue.
Attractions and shows
- The operating capacity of attractions that have received MTI’s prior approval will be reduced to 25% from the current permissible capacity of 50%.
- Indoor and outdoor shows may proceed with up to 100 persons with PET, and up to 50 persons without PET.
Museums and public libraries
- Up to 50 persons without PET, and 100 with PET.
- The prevailing group size of 2 persons applies, and food and beverages may not be sold or consumed in the cinema.
MICE and live performances
- Up to 100 persons with PET and up to 50 persons without PET.
- Unmasking not allowed for speakers and performers.
- No singing or playing of instruments that require intentional expulsion of air (e.g wind and brass instruments).
Wedding receptions and solemnisations
- In line with measures on dine-in F&B establishments, wedding receptions will not be allowed.
- Marriage solemnisations may continue for up to 100 participants with PET and 50 participants without PET.
The cap for attendees applicable to all days of the funeral, including the burial/ cremation, is 20 persons or less, down from 30 persons currently. Attendees are reminded to maintain safe distancing and keep masks on at all times to reduce the risk of transmission.