A further $17 million is expected to be disbursed to union members during the upcoming exercise.
Eligible applicants will receive a one-time cash relief of up to $300!
Who is eligible for the NTUC care fund?
- Is an NTUC union member (DUH!)
- Earn a gross monthly personal Income (GPI) not exceeding $4500 – for those with dependants staying in the same household (up from a previous cap of $3,400)
- Have a GPI not exceeding for those $1,600 – for those without dependants staying in the same household (up from a previous cap of $1,500)
- Lost their jobs due to Covid-19 related retrenchment or termination/non-renewal of employment contract
- Suffered an income drop of at least 30 per cent due to Covid-19
- Are self-employed persons whose earnings are affected by Covid-19 related job or event cancellations
Can I still apply for it again if I got it the first round?
The answer is a resounding YES! As long as you still have a union membership and still qualify for the criteria above, you are eligible for a second payout! YAY!!!
Remember to apply at www.ntuc.org.sg/carefundcovid between 23 November 2020 to 28 February 2021.
Eligible applicants will be notified via SMS and will receive their second round of payouts by early December.
ICYMI For union members with school-going children…
NTUC also announced that the Back to School Fair will take place online this year from 7 Dec 2020 to 7 Jan 2021.
- 7 December 2020 to 13 December 2020: Open to beneficiaries of NTUC Care Fund (e-Vouchers) – with special offers and promotions
- 14 December 2020 to 7 January 2021: Open to all NTUC union members as well as NTUC FairPrice Share-A-Textbook priority letter holders
There will be exclusive promotions and discounts on school-related items at the fair.