Home » Do differentiated measures between vaxxed and unvaxxed make sense?
vaccination, Do differentiated measures between vaxxed and unvaxxed make sense?

Do differentiated measures between vaxxed and unvaxxed make sense?

Share This:

Recently the Ministerial Task Force (MTF) announced that those who are unvaccinated will no longer be allowed to dine-in, even at centres or coffeeshops. In addition, they will not be allowed to enter shopping malls and attractions.

As at 10 Oct, 83% of the population in Singapore is fully vaccinated. This leaves a remaining 17% who are unvaccinated, which includes children and those who cannot be vaccinated due to medical reasons.

Measures are to protect the unvaccinated

Why were the measures implemented to prevent the unvaccinated from dining-in or going to the shopping malls?

This is simply because the unvaccinated are 14 times more likely to fall seriously ill or die after getting Covid-19 as compared to the vaccinated. Hence, these differentiated measures are to protect them from getting exposed to the virus and falling seriously ill.

In addition, the unvaccinated are likely to require more medical care if they catch Covid-19, hence posing a higher strain on the healthcare sector.

Your vaccination helps healthcare workers 

vaccination, Do differentiated measures between vaxxed and unvaxxed make sense?

Speaking of the strain faced by healthcare workers, getting vaccinated is one way through which we can help them. As we are less likely to fall seriously ill with vaccination, we can recover safely at even if we were to catch Covid-19. This frees up medical care for those who truly need it and relieves the strain on our healthcare system.

The need to open up for the economy and jobs

Previously, there was a need to impose the Circuit Breaker because the virus was relatively unknown. We also didn’t have counter measures such as the vaccination to protect lives. With vaccination, of the will be able to recover from Covid-19 without complications. Many of those who are vaccinated shared that it was akin to recovering from a bout of flu.

vaccination

Since 83% of the are vaccinated, is better posed to reopen our borders and economy. Covid-19 has been a long-drawn battle that has affected many people from all sectors. Hence, we should not prolong reopening to save jobs if we are able to do so safely. The prolonged state of Covid-19 and various closures have also taken a toll on the mental health of the people. It would be beneficial for everyone if life were to resume to a state of “new normalcy”.

As we juggle the need to protect the vulnerable, we should not be fearful. It does not make sense to hold the 83% back from living their lives. Hence, should look at the bigger picture and plan for her recovery. If you have yet to be vaccinated (for non-medical reasons), please consider getting vaccinated as it is for you and your family’s protection.

What it means for Singapore to go into an endemic phase

Advertisements

Share This:

Related Posts